Shasta Head Start Child Development Inc.
Shasta Head Start is a private, non-profit corporation which was formed in 1965 to provide high quality child care and social services to low income children and their families in Shasta, Siskiyou and Trinity Counties.
We take pride in our extensive approach to service delivery which is significant in creating a foundation for early learning, in addition to building self-sufficiency and lifelong independence.
Each year we serve approximately 1,100 families including children birth to five, and pregnant mothers. Our array of services includes: school readiness, health screenings, parent engagement, nutritious meals, disabilities and mental health services.
Shasta Head Start is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young children, one family at a time. We provide opportunities for education, parenting support and resources to families in our communities.
Strong start in life
• Building relationships is foundational for nurturing change and growth.
• Commitment to learning strengthens individuals, families and communities.
• Individualized services create opportunities for success.
• Hard work and innovation lead to excellence .
• Fun and a sense of humor maintain balance.